This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Note in particular the Terms & Conditions section with Hanging Standards and required Gallery Management and Show Support by participating artists.
- This Show is open to all current members of the Guild of Berkshire Artists.
- Approximately 25 pieces will be selected by an independent Juror.
- All art media, including 2 – D and 3 – D are accepted.
- The minimum sale price is $100.00.
- Work should be “new” as of the past 2-3 years.
- Work must be no greater than 20 inches on the longest side, including the frame or presentation.
- Photography must be part of a numbered series and not printed on canvas.
- $22 per entry.
- You may submit up to 3 works.
- Please include a one-sentence description of your interpretation of Reflections.
All artwork will be organized and hung by the Hanging Committee. Complete Hanging Standards are available on berkshireartists.org.
All 2D work that is intended to be hung on the panels or walls is to be securely wired 1/3 down from the top and ready to hang with no saw-tooth or loop hangers permitted.
Alternative Mounting Methods: Unframed work should be mounted on a dimensionally stable substrate no less than ½” thick. The sides should be finished. Hanging wire standards apply. Photographs on metal must be presented according to current gallery standards and include backing to allow the piece to stand ½” away from the wall.
3D Art must be able to sit/stand on a level surface, or have a suitable stand included.
Complete Hanging Standards are available on the Guild’s website.
Gallery Management and Show Support
Carolyn Abrams - [email protected] or (518) 928-7401
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on May 30, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (May 22, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.