This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the NRAS 46th Festival of the Arts gallery? View the online art gallery
157 Old Main Street, Marshfield Hills, MA
Exhibition dates May 26 – June 29, 2023
Deadline for Entries
- Artists can submit up to 5 pieces, regardless of medium.
- Up to two pieces per artist may be chosen by Jurors of Selection to hang in the exhibit.
- If accepted, delivery information will be provided at time of acceptance notification.
- Cost: $20 for first entry, $10 for each additional entry.
- All forms of artwork are allowed
- All artwork must be originally drawn and is the artist’s original work from conception through execution. The artwork must not be a copy or likeness of another’s work, or derived from a published painting, drawing, photograph, digital image, or print.
- Artwork, including frame, must not exceed 44” in width or height.
- Submission of artwork done during the course of an in person or online workshop or class is not permitted.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited in a North River Arts exhibition
- Entrants must be over age 16 years and submitting artist must author work.
- Work must have been completed within the past 3 years.
Awards of Distinction Cash Award plus Ribbon
- Mac Haran Memorial Award for Artistic Excellence $250
- Marian Atkinson Memorial Award for Soft Pastel $100
- Jeanne W. Horan Memorial Award for Spirit of Marshfield $100
- Joanne F. Regan Memorial Award for Composition $100
- Carolyn B. Harvey Memorial Award for Creativity $100
- Ros Farbush Memorial Award for Color $100
- Katherine M. Wolff Memorial Award for Floral Composition $100
- D.D. Pierce Memorial Award for Landscape (river or marsh) $100
- Frank D. Sullivan Memorial Award for Nautical Theme Photography $100
- Ross E. Bodnar Memorial Award for Impressionism $100
- Marion Carlson Memorial Award for Evoking Joy $100
Honorable Mentions (14 for fine art 8 for photo)
Juried Fine Art and Sculpture Judges
Julie Beck, juliebcreative.com/artist-info
Selection and Awards Judge
Janet Wentworth Erickson, janetwentworth.net
Juried Photography Judge
Pip Shepley, pipshepley.com
Hand Delivery and Shipping for the Awards Show
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on April 27, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before that time.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- Images should be at least 1500 pixels on the longest edge and no larger than 30mb. Images that are smaller than 1500 pixels on the longest edge cannot be made larger to meet the requirements.
- You do not need to resize your image files if they meet the above specifications.
- You do not need to rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 72 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (April 19, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.