Penn State University Great Valley Campus
Conference Center, 2nd Floor
30 E. Swedesford Road
Malvern, PA 19355
- Members-only: $30 for up to 2 artworks.
- No more than one painting may be selected for the exhibition.
Juror of Selection
Karen Israel’s pastel paintings are defined by their dynamic compositions and unique viewpoints. She is influenced by the light and mood of the subject and lets those elements dictate her approach. These subjects are rendered with a strong appreciation for the rigors of formal design coupled with a fearless array of color choices.
In addition to numerous awards, Karen’s work has garnered the honor of Signature Member with the American Artists Professional League, Master Circle with the International Association of Pastel Societies and Master Pastelist with the Pastel Society of America. Karen is an artist member of the Salmagundi Club, NYC, the Copley Society, Boston and the Lyme Art Association.
Karen conducts many teaching demonstrations and workshops throughout the United States and she has served as juror for many national competitions.
In May 2022, Karen’s pastel paintings were on exhibit with Les Amis Des Arts in Pastels of the World in Bourbonnais, honoring American Women pastelists, Montluçon, France.
Karen’s pastel paintings were featured twice in Practique Des Arts: August 2020, July 2018 and in Southwest Art Magazine in April 2021.
See more about Karen at artbykarenisrael.com.
Judge of Awards
Anne is an IAPS Master Circle member, a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America, a Signature Member of the Maryland Pastel Society, and a member of the Oil Painteers of America and American Impressionist Society. She is a founding member of the Blue Berry Pie and Art Society.
See more about Anne at annefsinger.com.
- Must be a current member of the Philadelphia Pastel Society.
- Artwork previously exhibited in a juried PPS show is not eligible.
- Current Work: Artwork must have been completed within the past 3 years (2020 or later).
- Accepted artwork must NOT be exhibited concurrently with an online exhibit.
- All works must be in dry soft pastel with at least 80% of the finished work in dry pastel. No oil pastels nor varnished dry pastels will be accepted.
- Originality: The artwork must not have been done with instructor direction.
- All work must be framed, wired, and ready to hang. No saw tooth hangers or clip frames are allowed.
- Maximum Size: The framed painting cannot exceed 36” on the longest side.
- Withholding: Once accepted, works cannot be withheld from the exhibition under a penalty of a two year exclusion from future juried PPS exhibitions.
- Sales: All work must be FOR SALE with a 25% commission payable to PPS. Once accepted, the price of your painting cannot be changed.
Confirming Entries & Notification
Delivery of Accepted Work
- All sales will be handled by PPS. If there is interest in purchasing an artwork, payment will be collected by Jack Lloyd, Exhibition Chair. Purchased artwork can be picked up at Henry Gallery at the close of the show.
- All artwork must remain on display until the completion of the exhibition.
Jack Lloyd, [email protected]
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on November 27, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (November 1, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.