This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
- Artists may submit two works for consideration.
- Outside dimensions (including frame and mat) must not exceed 40”
- Image size must not be any smaller than 5” x 7” as it is a security risk.
- Artists are responsible for providing images with an accurate representation of their unframed work.
- If accepted, artists will be sent instructions to provide an accurate representation of their framed work.
- Professionally framed with wire for hanging. Work on aluminum may be unframed.
- Only work not previously shown at Salmagundi may be submitted.
- If work is not for sale, please write “NFS” on the hangtag that will be included in acceptance email.
- Works not received by the stated dates will not be hung.
- Acceptance/Rejection emails will arrive via ShowSubmit.
- Artists can edit their own entries during the entirety of the submission period through ShowSubmit. After the submission deadline, changes to submission entry will not be accepted.
- Submissions not adhering to the Exhibition Requirements will be omitted. The decision of the Art Committee is Final. The club will receive a customary 30% of all sales. 70% to the artist. Works must be removed immediately after the exhibition. A pre-paid return shipping label must be provided by the artist if the work is to be shipped back after the exhibition.
- After acceptance, works being shipped must be sent in reusable shipping boxes for art, with the name of the exhibition on the outside of the package. Salmagundi members receive 10% off Air Float boxes. Contact [email protected] for the member’s discount code. Artists who do not utilize reusable shipping boxes will incur a $35 unpacking/packing charge.
Anthony Almeida, Janet Cook, Lou Lalli, Patrick Okrasinski, Joan Marie Palmer, Lisa Palombo, Stephanie Mouw, Georgette Sinclair, Shawn Sullivan. Alternates- Nicole Alger, Laurene Krasny Brown, Mackenzie Swenson, Alycia Thompson
Reception open to the public, tickets required to attend, up to 130 people.
Free soft drinks and platters, alcoholic drinks for sale (card only, no cash)
Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003 (212) 255-7740
email: [email protected]
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on May 29, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before that time.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- Images should be at least 1900 pixels on the longest edge and no larger than 30mb. Images that are smaller than 1900 pixels on the longest edge cannot be made larger to meet the requirements.
- You do not need to resize your image files if they meet the above specifications.
- You do not need to rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1900 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Additional Entry Information
- After your entry is submitted, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (May 22, 2023.)
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.