Fun in the SunSummer Vacation Photography Exhibition & Sale
Deadline for entry has passed.
View open calls for entry
- Artists may submit two works for consideration.
- Outside dimensions (including frame and mat) must not exceed 40”
- Image size must not be any smaller than 5” x 7” as it is a security risk.
- Artists are responsible for providing images with an accurate representation of their unframed work.
- If accepted, artists will be sent instructions to provide an accurate representation of their framed work.
- Professionally framed with wire for hanging. Work on aluminum may be unframed.
- Only work not previously shown at Salmagundi may be submitted.
- If work is not for sale, please write “NFS” on the hangtag that will be included in acceptance email.
- Works not received by the stated dates will not be hung.
- Acceptance/Rejection emails will arrive via ShowSubmit.
- Artists can edit their own entries during the entirety of the submission period through ShowSubmit. After the submission deadline, changes to submission entry will not be accepted.
- Submissions not adhering to the Exhibition Requirements will be omitted. The decision of the Art Committee is Final. The club will receive a customary 30% of all sales. 70% to the artist. Works must be removed immediately after the exhibition. A pre-paid return shipping label must be provided by the artist if the work is to be shipped back after the exhibition.
- After acceptance, works being shipped must be sent in reusable shipping boxes for art, with the name of the exhibition on the outside of the package. Salmagundi members receive 10% off Air Float boxes. Contact [email protected] for the member’s discount code. Artists who do not utilize reusable shipping boxes will incur a $35 unpacking/packing charge.
Anthony Almeida, Janet Cook, Lou Lalli, Patrick Okrasinski, Joan Marie Palmer, Lisa Palombo, Stephanie Mouw, Georgette Sinclair, Shawn Sullivan. Alternates- Nicole Alger, Laurene Krasny Brown, Mackenzie Swenson, Alycia Thompson
Reception open to the public, tickets required to attend, up to 130 people.
Free soft drinks and platters, alcoholic drinks for sale (card only, no cash)
Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003 (212) 255-7740
email: [email protected]
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on May 29, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1900 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- After your entry is submitted, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (May 22, 2023.)
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
For questions about the entry process or this website please contact ShowSubmit Support at [email protected]. We will get back to you between 9am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. You can also view the Support Center, Entry Guide, or our FAQ.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.