This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Open New York Figurative Exhibition
$40 for one work, $50 for two, $60 for three
Members Entry fee gratis
- All mediums.
- Artists may submit three works for consideration.
- Outside dimensions of frame may not exceed 60 inches.
- Sculptures should be no more than 36” high and no more than 40lbs.
- Only artworks which have not been previously shown at Salmagundi may be submitted.
- All works MUST be PROFESSIONALLY PRESENTED, WIRED, AND DISPLAY READY.
- All items must include price or be marked NFS. No POR.
- A contribution of 30% on sales will be welcomed by the Club, as has been customary.
- The decision of the Art Committee is final as to the selection and placement of work. Accepted work will remain as placed by the Art Committee through the end of exhibition.
- Works must be removed immediately after the exhibition closes. Out-of-town works will be returned ONLY at the artist’s request and expense. All works not removed after 30 days will be stored at the artist’s expense.
Shipping and Delivery
- After acceptance, works being shipped must be sent in reusable shipping boxes for art, with the name of the exhibition on the outside of the package. Salmagundi members receive 10% off Air Float boxes. Contact [email protected] for the member’s discount code. Artists who do not utilize reusable shipping boxes will incur a $35 unpacking/packing charge.
- All hand-delivered art must be unpacked entirely by the artist or agent Friday or Saturday August 24th or 25th 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Jury of Selection
Jury of Awards
Anthony Almeida, Janet Cook, Lou Lalli, Patrick Okrasinski, Joan Marie Palmer, Lisa Palombo, Stephanie Mouw, Georgette Sinclair, Shawn Sullivan. Alternates- Nicole Alger, Laurene Krasny Brown, Mackenzie Swenson, Alycia Thompson
Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003 (212) 255-7740
email: [email protected]
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on June 19, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1900 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (June 5, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.