This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the RRPSNV 2023 Tony Graduates Showcase and Contest gallery? View the online art gallery
- Best in Show - $250 or a sponsor-provided prize of equal or greater value
- Most Creative - $100 or a sponsor-provided prize of equal or greater value
- Most Original - $100 or a sponsor-provided prize of equal or greater value
- People’s Choice - $100 or a sponsor-provided prize of equal or greater value
Juror and Judge
Red Rock Exhibition Chair
- attended any Red Rock Zoom workshop with Tony, or
- attended LIVE workshop with Tony in Las Vegas, or
- purchased an online lesson with Tony via Red Rock, or
- watched a demo by Tony Allain facilitated by Red Rock in person or on our Youtube channel
Please read carefully to make sure that your work meets the following entry requirements:
- Work done after or during Tony’s workshop live or via Zoom, heavily influenced or based on provided workshop references will be accepted.
- Your work must be done with dry pastel; the top layer must consist of at least 80% of dry pastel. No oil pastels can be used.
- Only two-dimensional works are permissible. Pastel mosaic, sculpture, and digital pastel works are not eligible.
- All artwork must be originally drawn and not created on top of a photo or a print.
- All works must have been created within the last three years.
- Members: $25 for up to 3 images
- Non-members: $45 for to 3 images
- Each additional image is $10, up to 5 images per artist.
- Up to 3 images per artist will be accepted.
All accepted works along with awards will be displayed on the RRPSNV website beginning February 15th. Even though the notification of accepted works will go out earlier, please refrain from posting images of your accepted painting until the entire Tony Graduates Showcase and Contest is posted.
Entry procedures for artists outside the United States
Framing of Artwork
10% commissions on sales should be paid to the Red Rock Society of Nevada. All buyers will be directed to the Artist’s website (email); please make sure you have accurate information regarding your work. The Artist is responsible for shipping if a work is sold.
Juror and Judge
He is a member of The Pastel Society, London, UK
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on February 6, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (February 1, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.