110th Annual Exhibition
September 1, 2023–September 1, 2024
This year the Butler Institute of American Art will be hosting a curated exhibition
comprised of 125 works selected from the accepted entries in Allied Artists' 110th
Jury of Selection
Jury of Awards
Head Curator Heckscher Museum Of Art,
$5000 Audrey Love Award
AAA Gold Medal Of Honor, $3000
AAA Silver Medal Of Honor, $2000
AAA Bronze Medal Of Honor, $1000
- Open to all artists 18 years and older.
- You do not need to be a member of Allied Artists of America to enter the exhibition.
- Original 2 dimensional original artwork in oil, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, graphic, mixed media and sculpture, NO photography or digital art.
- Works don't have to be for sale, No POR (Price upon request)
- Work must be 48" or smaller in any dimension including frame. This applies for BOTH the online show and the Butler Institute of American Art Museum show.
- All work must be framed, wired and ready to hang—we do not provide framing hardware.
- Sculpture in the round — 48" x 24" x 24" inches maximum dimensions excluding base; maximum weight 150lbs.
- Reliefs — 36" x 36" x 6" inches deep, maximum dimensions, maximum weight 30 lbs.
There is a size limit for the 110th Online and Museum Invitational. If the work in the online show is chosen, it must be 48 inches or smaller to be accepted by the Butler.
Size restrictions will be enforced, so please measure carefully. Your work will be rejected if it is over 48 inches.
- Up to 2 works.
- $65 for the first work, $15 for the second work.
- Elected Members, Associates and Non-Members will be juried this year.
- The $65 fee must be paid by all.
- Only one entry can be submitted per artist.
No commission taken on sales for this particular online and museum exhibition. Any communication on selling work in this online or museum exhibition must be handled by artist and seller. Allied Artists of America will not be involved.
For Invited Artists
Pick up art days: October 17–October 20, 2023, 11am-3pm
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on July 8, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
Entry status will also be available in your ShowSubmit Artist account Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1700 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (June 15, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
For questions about the entry process or this website please contact ShowSubmit Support at [email protected]. We will get back to you between 9am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. You can also view the Support Center, Entry Guide, or our FAQ.
or to submit.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.