4537 Country Club Rd.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104
- AAWS Members must submit 2 pieces that are the opposite of each other.
- $20 per artist
- We will accept the first 25 artists that submit their work.
- No piece may exceed 50 inches horizontally or 48 vertically, including frame, or 35 pounds in weight.
- All 2-dimensional works must be framed in a professional manner with wire attachment and be ready to hang.
- No “alligator” type hangers.
- Canvases must be framed, or gallery wrapped with no visible staples or unpainted canvas.
- Canvases with wet paint will not be accepted.
- Works on paper should be protected by glass or Plexiglas.
- Improperly presented work will not be accepted.
- This is a Family venue: no nudes or offensive subjects, please.
- All types of 2D fine art media accepted.
- 3D work may be considered if it can be hung securely on the wall and will be subject to approval.
- All work entered must be original art completed within the past three years and cannot have been displayed in previous Wachovia Gallery exhibits, unless it reflects the theme: Opposites.
- Mass produced printed reproductions of paintings or drawings will not be exhibited.
- Hand-pulled prints, original digital prints and photographs are all acceptable.
- All work must be the exhibitor’s original idea and be created by the exhibitor.
Artists set their own prices. Artist receives 70% of the sales price; AAWS retains a 30% commission. North Carolina sales tax is added to the sales price. If your work is not for sale, please designate it as “not for sale” (NFS) on the entry form and include the Insurance Value.
Virtual Gallery/Promotional Images
- Submit a photo with as little reflection as possible if your work is behind glass.
- AAWS reserves the right to use these photos for promotional purposes and display them online in the Virtual Gallery.
Artwork Drop-off and Pick-up
We do not have the ability to store artwork.
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on February 9, 2024. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before that time.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- Images should be at least 1500 pixels on the longest edge and no larger than 30mb. Images that are smaller than 1500 pixels on the longest edge cannot be made larger to meet the requirements.
- You do not need to resize your image files if they meet the above specifications.
- You do not need to rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (February 8, 2024.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.