About the Online Show
- Grand Prize Overall $2,000 cash award
- Second Prize Overall $1,500 cash award
- Third Prize Overall $1,000 cash award
- AWA President’s Award(s)
funded by AWA President and Master Signature member Christine Drewyer (2) $250 cash awards
- Kathleen J. Smith Humanity in Art Award
funded by Master Signature member Angela Mia and family $500 cash award
- The Power of the Feminine Award
funded by Katherine Leach for representation of an empowered woman $500 cash award
- (4) First Prize Awards by AWA Membership Category $500 cash each
for first place in Associate/Associate with Distinction/Signature/Master Signature levels.
- (6) Outstanding Achievement Award
(Abstract, Still Life, Landscape/Cityscape, Figurative, Animals, and Sculpture) $250 cash award
- (6) Award of Merit $100 cash award
- Ad, event, and subscription awards from Fine Art Connoisseur
- A variety of donated merchandise awards
To join as a new member, use the Join link on the AWA website.
- The 2023 AWA Annual Online Juried Show is open to all AWA Members in good standing.
- Entries may be representational or abstract work(s): drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, as well as sculpture.
- Work(s) must be original. 2D works must have been completed within the last two years. There is no required timeframe for 3D works.
- Works do not have to be for sale. Sold works may be submitted. Enter NFS in the entry form.
- Applications may be submitted from July 15, 2023 – August 31, 2023, finalists will be announced by September 18, 2023.
- As this is an online show, there is no size restriction on work(s) submitted.
- All work(s) entered must not have been accepted for a previous AWA national juried museum competition or online juried show.
- Acceptable mediums for sculpture: cast metal, fabricated metal, stone, glass, wood, and any fired permanent medium such as terra cotta, stoneware, porcelain, earthenware.
- Acceptable mediums for painting: oil, acrylic, water media, pastel, egg tempera, encaustic, mixed mediums, batik.
- Acceptable mediums for drawing: conte crayon, colored pencil, graphite, pen & ink, scratchboard, and original hand-pulled prints.
- Not acceptable mediums include craft, jewelry, fiber, fabric, photography, video, digital prints including giclee, or any work containing computer generated elements of any kind.
- Mixed Media is acceptable using above materials.
- Maximum entries: three (3)
- Maximum of one (1) piece of artwork per accepted artist will be juried into the online show.
- By submitting images to this juried opportunity, you understand and agree that accepted images will be displayed on AWA website, Facebook page, and other social and/or print media.
- By entering this show artists acknowledge they own copyright to the submitted work. Artists retain copyright to their image(s).
- By entering this exhibition, you agree that you have read and will abide by all rules outlined in this prospectus.
- All membership and entry fees are non-refundable.
Before uploading your images, make sure they are 1920 pixels or larger on the longest side. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. ShowSubmit will handle renaming and resizing the images for you. See Image and Filename Specifications below.
Note: You must have a ShowSubmit account to enter. This is a separate system from your AWA members portal. If you do not have an existing ShowSubmit account, you can create one here: Create an Account
Selection Panel & Jurors of Awards
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale, AZ
Jesse Gardner, Executive Director/Co-Owner
West End Gallery, Corning, NY
National Museum of Wildlife Art, Jackson, WY
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on September 18, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1920 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial, title of the work, medium, dimensions, and price. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (August 31, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.