1st Pastels PlusInternational Online Exhibition
Deadline for entry has passed.
View open calls for entry
About Pastels Plus
Pastels Plus lowers the 80% rule to 50-70%, meaning your painting can be 30-50% other medium or mediums of your choice, limited only by your imagination. While pastel should visibly be part of the final surface, it does not have to be all of it: your final surface can be mixed soft pastel and other.
We are excited to offer this show to push the boundaries of pastel. This online show is open to artists around the world, so get inspired and enter on ShowSubmit starting January 6.
Juror of Selection and Awards
Who Can Submit
Submission Process and Fee
- Submissions must be made online at Show Submit.
- Submit your original image file. You do not need to resize or rename your files.
- Enter your description, including materials, surface, and any unusual process used.
- The submission fee for members is $25 for 1; $35 for 2-3 pieces. Membership must be fully paid before entering the show.
- The submission fee for nonmembers is $35 for 1; $45 for 2-3 pieces. Consider joining; there are many “virtual” benefits for members.
- 1 or a maximum of 2 pieces per artist may be accepted to the show.
- Work must be at least 50% soft pastel, but not more than 70%. That is, any other mediums may be 30-50% of your submissions.
- The final layer should have visible pastel, but it may be in combination with the other mediums.
- Work must be less than 3 years old.
- Submissions are limited to 2-D work on any surface.
- There is no maximum size for this online show.
- Work must be based exclusively on the artist’s own photo reference, life set-up or plein air experience, concept, and composition.
- Work must be directly and individually drawn or painted by the artist, not traced or otherwise created over a base photo.
- Work must be exclusively the product of the artist. Work done in a class or workshop, online venue, or otherwise under the guidance or advice of an instructor, is not permitted.
- Work that has previously won a top award in any nationally or internationally competitive show (Best, 1,2,3), is not permitted.
Pricing and Sales
- Work may be either For Sale or Not for Sale. For-sale work must be available exclusively through CMPS from March 15-April 30. Prices should reflect market value for similar work by the artist.
- CMPS will process sales. CMPS will receive a 20% commission on all sold work, and will remit the balance to artists within 30 days of show close. All payments will be based on US dollar exchange rate for the local currency at the time of payment.
For questions about this prospectus: [email protected]
Pastels Plus on the Web: Alexia Rosoff Wilber
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on March 10, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (February 28, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
For questions about the entry process or this website please contact ShowSubmit Support at [email protected]. We will get back to you between 9am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. You can also view the Support Center, Entry Guide, or our FAQ.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.