This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Our Judge of Awards
A Note on Awards
Who Can Submit
Submission Process and Fee
- The submission fee is $30 for up to 2 pieces.
- Submissions must be made online at ShowSubmit.
- Check the “Developing Artist” box if you qualify for, and wish to be considered for, the Developing Artist awards.
- You do not have to resize or name your image files.
- All submitted pieces will appear in the show.
- Work must be at least 80% soft pastel.
- Work must be less than 3 years old.
- Work that has previously been in another CMPS show, or that has won a top award in any national show (Best, 1, 2, 3), is not permitted.
- Work may be of any size for this online show.
- Work must be based exclusively on the artist’s own photo reference, life set-up or plein air experience, concept, and composition.
- Work must be directly and individually drawn or painted by the artist, not traced or otherwise created over a base photo.
- Work must be exclusively the product of the artist. Work done in a class or workshop, online venue, or otherwise under the guidance or advice of an instructor, is not permitted.
Pricing and Sales
- Work may be priced or marked Not for Sale (NFS). Prices should reflect market value for similar work by the artist. Work marked For Sale must be available exclusively through CMPS from 5/6-6/6. Prices may not be changed after submission.
- CMPS will refer parties interested in purchasing a painting to the artist, who will complete the sale and shipping of the work. Artists will notify CMPS of completed sales.
- Artists of sold work will remit a 15% commission to CMPS within 30 days of completion of the sale.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (April 24, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.