Deadline for entry: March 13, 2023
- One entry per member for the Members Show which is juried for awards only.
- Entry fee is $35.
- You must be a current CPS member to participate. Works not previously shown in a CPS show and created in the past three years are eligible. 2023 dues must be paid in order to participate in the show and online pre-registration is required (see instructions below).
- Note size limit requirements: maximum size (including frame) 28” maximum on the longest side. Due to space limitations in the gallery, size limits will be strictly held and oversized works will not be eligible. Work must be framed and ready to hang with a wire (no saw tooth hangers).
- Works must be at least 80% soft pastel (no oil pastel) and original (no giclees or prints). Works done in classroom or workshop settings and/or painted over a mechanical reproduction/collage are not eligible.
- Artwork must be securely framed under glass or plexi-glass and works glazed with a finished surface of matte acrylic, resin, or solvent varnish will not be accepted.
- A 30% commission will be taken for sold paintings. NFS work is eligible. Neither CPS nor SoCCA is responsible for work submitted, but every precaution is in operation.
Judge of Awards
Connecticut Pastel Society
USE UPS ONLY - NO OTHER CARRIER
A Message from the CPS President: CPS is pleased once again to be holding our annual Members Show in person at SoCCA. We have a rich membership with many different styles and personalities, and are looking forward to seeing your best work displayed in this exhibition!
– Karen Suponski
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1200 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (March 13, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.