2023 Members Juried Exhibition
Deadline for entry has passed.
View open calls for entry
Juror/Judge of Awards
- Open to any GLPS member pastel artist 18 years and older (student exception, see NEW SPECIAL CATEGORY below).
- GLPS 2023 member dues must have been paid by March 31, 2023 to enter this show.
- Work done under supervision in a class or workshop is NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Painting must be at least 80% soft pastels and identical to the accepted image.
- No copies from other artists or based on published images by other artists or photographers.
- Work may not be created on top of a photographic image.
- Artwork size restrictions: no larger than 36” in height or width including frame.
- Work must have been completed in the last three years and not have been shown in any previous GLPS exhibit or at Crooked Tree Arts Center.
- Nude artwork will be accepted, but the GLPS and CTAC reserve the right to exclude any artwork deemed offensive or against US laws.
NEW SPECIAL CATEGORY
North American student artists age 16 – 24 can enter this exhibit, no GLPS membership necessary. Select STUDENT for your membership status in the entry form. GLPS will award the $100 Jim Markle Memorial Student Award to one deserving student. All artwork rules set forth in this prospectus apply. Enter through showsubmit.com and list your age and name of school/college you are attending. Students whose artwork is accepted will be required to upload a valid student ID, and will receive a free one-year membership to GLPS.
- Up to 5 image entries per artist.
- Entry fee for 1st image is $35.
- For images 2-5, $5 each.
- Student Entry Fee: $20 for 1st image, $5 each for images 2-5.
Framing & Presentation
Sales & Exhibit Rules
- All work MUST BE for sale at a 60/40% commission.
- Student commission: 70/30%.
- Extremely overpriced work will be disqualified.
- No price changes once submitted upon entry. No work will be released before the close of the exhibit.
Delivery & Pickup of Shipped Work
- If shipping artwork, NO PACKING PEANUTS ALLOWED.
- NO WORK PACKED WITH PEANUTS WILL BE HUNG IN THE SHOW.
- If two works are shipped together, they must be individually boxed inside the main container.
- Shipping boxes and all interior boxes must be labeled with artist’s name.
- For work hand delivered, ALL bubble wrap, plastic bags, etc. must leave with the artist.
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on May 30, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (May 8, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
For questions about the entry process or this website please contact ShowSubmit Support at [email protected]. We will get back to you between 9am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. You can also view the Support Center, Entry Guide, or our FAQ.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.