This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the MCGOPA Celebrate the Artist gallery? View the online art gallery
Juror of Selection and Judge of Awards
Beaucar has exhibited both locally and nationally. These include solo exhibitions at the New Britain Connecticut Museum of American Art, West Chester University of PA, and Ariel Gallery in New York City. Her juried exhibitions include Artists Equity’s Triennial at the Port of History Museum in Philadelphia, the Biennial at the Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington, and the Pen Women’s National Centennial Exhibition at the Sumner Museum in Washington, D.C.
- Grand Prize - Solo exhibition at 431 Gallery
- First Prize - $300
- Second Prize - $200
- Third Prize - $100
- Best in Photography Award - $100
- Honorable Mention (4 awards) - $25 each
- Members*: $ 20
- Non-Members: $ 30
*New membership to MCGOPA will not be considered at this time, since the application includes a jurying of the artist’s body of work.
- Open to current members of MCGOPA and non-members, 18 years or older. Membership must be paid in full through 2023 to qualify for entry fee rate of $20.
- This exhibition is open to original 2-dimensional art in all mediums, including photography, oil, acrylic, watercolor, encaustic, monoprints, mixed media, collage, and soft or oil pastel.
- Any artwork containing AI-generated images must have it described in the labeling.
- No 3-dimensional sculpture will be accepted.
- Accepted artwork must not be exhibited concurrently with an online show.
- All work must be framed, wired and ready to hang - no saw tooth hangers or clip frames allowed. Exception: Gallery-wrapped canvases with a depth of 1 inch or more and have clean and/or painted edges do not require a frame.
- Maximum Size: The framed artwork cannot exceed 48" on the longest side.
- Maximum Weight: Artwork must weigh no more than 10 pounds.
- Accepted artwork must be hand-delivered to 431 Gallery.
- Withholding: Once accepted, works cannot be withheld from the exhibition under penalty of a two year exclusion from future juried MCGOPA exhibitions.
Confirming Entries & Notification
Conditions for Accepted Work
Framing must be professional in appearance with clean mats and no visible damage to frame, glass, or plexiglass. The back of the painting must be secured tightly and sealed when possible.
MCGOPA reserves the right to review all hand delivered entries for conformance to the specifications outlined herein. MCGOPA reserves the right to reject any work which does not conform to entry requirements and/or does not match the accepted digital entry.
Hand Delivery of Accepted Work
Work may be for sale; NFS is allowed.
[email protected]. For any other questions, please send email to Deb Northey at [email protected].
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on March 1, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before that time.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- Images should be at least 1500 pixels on the longest edge and no larger than 30mb. Images that are smaller than 1500 pixels on the longest edge cannot be made larger to meet the requirements.
- You do not need to resize your image files if they meet the above specifications.
- You do not need to rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (February 1, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.