NAWA at Hollis Taggart Gallery
A Very Special Opportunity!
at Hollis Taggart Gallery
March 21 – April 20, 2024
in Manhattan’s Chelsea art neighborhood
Call for Entries
This exhibition will be selected by the personnel of the Hollis Taggart gallery. While honoring NAWA, the exhibition is organized in accordance with the standard practice of a commercial art gallery – that is, the art will be chosen on the basis of quality and sales potential. Because of the significant reputation of the Hollis Taggart gallery, the artists chosen will not only represent NAWA in an important Manhattan venue, but will additionally receive the visibility and potential career benefit of display within a major commercial art venue.
Please remember to create your user-generated Member Gallery page on the www.thenawa.org member portal.
The exhibition will be accompanied by a catalog which will include at least one image of work by each selected artist.
There is no submission fee and no installation fee for this exhibit.
Artists may submit up to four works for consideration.
Works must be delivered to the Hollis Taggart gallery by January 30, 2024.
This early date is necessary to allow time to photograph art for the catalogue, and for other aspects of exhibition preparation.
- Maximum size for 2-D wall works and wall hanging sculpture INCLUDING frame: height: 72 inches; width 60 inches.
- No ceiling-hung artworks will be accepted.
- Free standing sculpture will be accepted; maximum size: 6’ height, weight limit 300 lb. Pedestals will be provided.
- Size of work is FRAMED size. Works over the maximum size will be disqualified.
- All works must be wired to gallery standards and must meet professional presentation standards as interpreted by the NAWA Exhibition Committee. No saw tooth hangers.
- Plexiglas is required for all works on paper. Exception: pastels can be framed in glass.
- Accepted works cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
- ALL WORKS MUST BE FOR SALE. Artists should submit suggested prices, but final sales prices will be set through discussion and agreement with the Hollis Taggart gallery. Title and dimensions of entered work cannot be changed.
- Work will not be hung if it is damaged in transit. You will be notified immediately if your work arrives damaged.
- NAWA and Hollis Taggart reserve the right to refuse work not professionally presented.
Entering your images
- Artist will receive 50% of sales price. Hollis Taggart Gallery will receive 40% on all sales, and NAWA receives 10% commission.
- Pricing for a commercial gallery should be considered, and artist website prices should not conflict.
- Artists agree to assume all shipping expenses related to exhibition. Shipped work MUST include a prepaid bar-coded return shipping label (UPS or FEDEX only– NO COUNTER LABELS, no US Postal Service).
- NO STYROFOAM PACKING PEANUTS. Your work will be returned if it contains packing peanuts. Please inform your shipper if you have it packed professionally. Ship in sturdy, reusable cartons with adequate packing materials. Please use bubble wrap as opposed to air bags which tend to deflate at the end of the exhibition.
- Please mark the name of the exhibition on the outside of the box: NAWA/Hollis Taggart
- Accepted artwork may be hand delivered OR shipped – and MUST arrive at the Hollis Taggart Gallery by January 30, 2024. Deliver from 11:00am – 5:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on September 29, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 72 dpi and 1100 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial, title of the work, medium, dimensions, and price. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- After your entry is submitted, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (September 5, 2023.)
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.