This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the NOAA 24th National Art Show gallery? View the online art gallery
You are cordially invited to participate and submit artwork entries and, if accepted, you should look forward to an exciting and pleasurable event here in New Orleans.
The Art Association of New Orleans dates back to 1887 and is one of the oldest art organizations in New Orleans. Please visit our website, noartassoc.org, to view our history in supporting and encouraging the development of fine art in New Orleans and Louisiana.
The artwork shall consist of two dimensional (2D) works only. Artwork shall be original in design, concept, and execution, performed without supervision or instruction, by the submitting artist and completed within the past three years. The artist shall be eighteen years of age, or older at the time of entry(s) submittal.
Acceptable media shall be limited to paintings (oil, acrylic, water media, pastel, encaustic, and egg tempera) and drawings (Conte-crayon, colored pencil, graphite, charcoal, pen and ink, and scratchboard).
Non-acceptable media includes reproductions, prints, photography, videos, crafts, jewelry, three-dimensional (3D) works, textiles, fiber art, collages, montages, and any computer-generated elements.
The accepted artwork shall be dry and prepared with wire and screw-eyes or D-rings for hanging. Gallery-wrapped submittals (minimum 1 1/4 inches deep) shall have all edges finished/painted and all staples, hooks, etc., not visible on any edge. Artwork shall not exceed 60 inches in width and 80 inches in length, including the frame. Artwork shall not be smaller than 8 inches in length or width. The maximum weight is 35 pounds. Artists may be asked to help hang and remove heavy or large paintings.
Artwork that does not meet these eligibility criteria shall be excluded from the show and no refunds will be issued. The artist will be responsible to arrange for retrieval.
A diptych or triptych ensemble shall be considered a single entry. A single digital image containing all of the pieces, and in the sequence desired by the artist, shall be submitted for entry. The groupings of either must be within the size limitation of 60 inches width and 80 inches length total for single entries.
ShowSubmit will notify the artist after the entry fee has been processed successfully. There will be no refunds after the entry fee is submitted.
A maximum of eighty (80) artworks will be exhibited. Artwork accepted must match that as depicted in the submitted digital images without exception. Failure to provide the accepted artwork might mean disqualification for any future entry in NOAA exhibits.
The juror’s decisions are final.
Work must be for sale; NFS is not allowed.
Artwork that requires handling and shipping shall be delivered to the receiving agent, A-Plus Shipping, between September 16 and 23, 2023. Shipping instructions will be provided with each acceptance notification. The artist is responsible for shipping cost to and from the show. In addition, there will be a handling fee of $75 for one painting, $95 for two paintings in one box, and $125 for two paintings in two boxes.
All accepted artwork shall remain on exhibit for the length of the show, including any sold items.
Return instructions for shipped artwork will be provided in the acceptance notification.
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on August 8, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before that time.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- Images should be at least 1500 pixels on the longest edge and no larger than 30mb. Images that are smaller than 1500 pixels on the longest edge cannot be made larger to meet the requirements.
- You do not need to resize your image files if they meet the above specifications.
- You do not need to rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (July 31, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.