This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the NRAS 2023 Festival of the Arts gallery? View the online art gallery
Sponsored by Frame Center, Hanover, MA and Image Resolutions, Norwell, MA
- Artwork must be originally conceived and drawn and is the artist’s original work from conception through execution. The artwork must not be a copy or likeness of another’s work, or derived from a published painting, drawing, photograph, digital image, or print.
- Members whose artwork was on posters prior to 2015, may apply. Members whose work appeared on the last 5 posters (2015-2021) are ineligible.
- Artists can submit up to 5 pieces. Up to 2 may be chosen for exhibit in the GAR Hall and in the live exhibit on NRAS website.
- Artwork, including frame, must not exceed 44” in width or height.
- Artwork must not have been previously exhibited in a North River Arts Society exhibition.
- Artwork completed in a classroom or workshop is ineligible.
- Ownership of artwork submitted for the poster competition will remain with the artist. North River Arts Society reserves the right to reproduce and publish the artwork chosen for the Festival poster.
Hand Delivery & Shipping Information
- Hand deliver artwork to GAR Hall on Thursday, March 2 (5-7pm) and Saturday, March 4 (10am- 12noon).
- Shipping information will be provided to artists upon acceptance. Work must arrive before hand delivery dates above.
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on March 10, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before that time.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- Images should be at least 1500 pixels on the longest edge and no larger than 30mb. Images that are smaller than 1500 pixels on the longest edge cannot be made larger to meet the requirements.
- You do not need to resize your image files if they meet the above specifications.
- You do not need to rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 72 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (February 7, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.