Deadline for entry: February 7, 2023
Sponsored by Frame Center, Hanover, MA and Image Resolutions, Norwell, MA
- Artwork must be originally conceived and drawn and is the artist’s original work from conception through execution. The artwork must not be a copy or likeness of another’s work, or derived from a published painting, drawing, photograph, digital image, or print.
- Members whose artwork was on posters prior to 2015, may apply. Members whose work appeared on the last 5 posters (2015-2021) are ineligible.
- Artists can submit up to 5 pieces. Up to 2 may be chosen for exhibit in the GAR Hall and in the live exhibit on NRAS website.
- Artwork, including frame, must not exceed 44” in width or height.
- Artwork must not have been previously exhibited in a North River Arts Society exhibition.
- Artwork completed in a classroom or workshop is ineligible.
- Ownership of artwork submitted for the poster competition will remain with the artist. North River Arts Society reserves the right to reproduce and publish the artwork chosen for the Festival poster.
Hand Delivery & Shipping Information
- Hand deliver artwork to GAR Hall on Thursday, March 2 (5-7pm) and Saturday, March 4 (10am- 12noon).
- Shipping information will be provided to artists upon acceptance. Work must arrive before hand delivery dates above.
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on March 10, 2023 and listed in your Account 'Entry History'. We cannot respond to inquires regarding the status of notifications before then.
We do our best to make sure you recieve your notification email, however, if you do not recieve an email and the notification date has passed, please check your email spam or login and view your ShowSubmit Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 72 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (February 7, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.