Deadline for entry: February 15, 2023
$ 300.00 - 2nd Place
$ 200.00 - 3rd Place
- Members-only: $30 for up to 2 artworks.
Judge of Awards
New York. She is a Signature - Master Pastelist member of the Pastel Society of
America (PSA), and serves on the society’s Board of Governors. Story is a juried
member of New York City’s Salmagundi Club, as well as the Academic Artist’s Association, Audubon Artists, Hudson River Valley Art Association, and Catherine
Lorillard Wolf Club.
Story was featured as one of today’s 100 most recognizable names in pastel in the 2019 book Pure Pastel, edited by Anne Hevener. Her work was also published in the October 2015 issue of Pastel Journal. The honors she has received include the Gold Medal of Honor from Audubon Artists and the Anna Hyatt Huntington Bronze Medal for Pastel from the Catherine Lorillard Wolf Art Club. Her awards from PSA include the Herman Margulies Award for Excellence, donated by Dianne B. Bernhard and the Richard McKinley Mentorship Award in memory of Margaret Stahl-Moyer. More information about Susan M. Story can be found at SusanMStory.com.
- Must be a current member of the Philadelphia Pastel Society.
- All artwork must have been created in the past 3 years and not previously exhibited in a past PPS exhibition.
- Accepted artwork must not be exhibited concurrently in another show.
- All works must be in dry pastel with at least 80% of the finished work in dry pastel.
- Your work must not have been done under teacher supervision, either in a classroom, workshop or from ZOOM or DVD instruction.
- All work must be for sale with a 25% commission payable to PPS.
Confirming Entries & Notification
- All sales will be made between the artist and the buyer. If there is interest in purchasing an artwork, PPS will put the buyer in direct contact with the artist. The artist and buyer will then work out the details of the purchase and delivery.
- Your sale price should reflect framing, shipping, and 25% commission to PPS. Any change in the sale price, other than what is declared in your submission, should be approved by the exhibition committee.
For any other questions, please send email to exhibition chairperson Jack Lloyd at [email protected]
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on February 21, 2023 and listed in your Account 'Entry History'. We cannot respond to inquires regarding the status of notifications before then.
We do our best to make sure you recieve your notification email, however, if you do not recieve an email and the notification date has passed, please check your email spam or login and view your ShowSubmit Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (February 15, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.