This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the PPS 2nd National Open Juried Exhibition gallery? View the online art gallery
Juror of Selection
Anna is a national and international award winning, gallery represented artist. Driven to paint images that evoke a sense of weather and emotion as well as place, she is known for her atmospheric paintings. After 25 years in public service, her pursuit of her dreams to be an artist began in 2007 with pastels as her preferred medium at the time.
After years of work in that medium, her efforts culminated in 2022 when she received the top award, Prix De Pastel, in the Master Circle Division of the Pastel World Exhibition at the International Association of Pastel Societies Convention in New Mexico, where she also received Eminent Pastelist distinction. She also has Master Pastelist distinction in the Pastel Society of America, as well as Signature status in the American Tonalist Association and Associate in Oil Painters of America, NOAPS, and the American Impressionists Association. She has exhibited in two shows in China, and last year in Korea. She was recently featured in the “Conjuring the Landscape” article in the Jan/Feb 2021 issue of the Pastel Journal, as well as the publication “Pure Pastel: Contemporary Works by Today’s Top Artists” in 2019. She has received honorable mention several times in the Pastel 100, as well as second place overall in 2019. Her works have shown in museum exhibitions including the Butler Institute of American Art, OH; Slater Museum, Norwich, CT; and Haggin Museum, Stockton, CA. She has gallery representation at The Artful Deposit and Beacon Galleries in New Jersey, as well as resident membership at the Salmagundi Club in New York City.
See more about Anna at ajwainright.com.
Judge of Awards
Diane’s work has been exhibited nationally and internationally, and resides in private collections across the USA, the Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand. She’s had two solo exhibitions and has won awards in numerous juried shows including the International Association of Pastel Societies’ “Pastelworld” Biennial Juried Show, the Pastel Society of America’s “Enduring Brilliance” in New York, NY, and the International Mile-High Pastel exhibition in Denver, CO. Accolades in 2022 include 2nd Place Portrait and Honorable Mention awards in Pastel Journal’s highly competitive “Pastel 100,” and her pastel “Wild Spirit” was selected as a finalist in the Art Renewal Center’s 16th International Salon. Diane has conducted workshops and demos at various arts organizations across the US, Australia and New Zealand, including the IAPS biennial convention in Albuquerque, NM.
Diane is an IAPS Master Circle member, a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and the Maryland Pastel Society, an elected member of the Salmagundi Club in New York and the Oil Painters of America, and a member of the Pastel Society of Colorado. She currently works in her studio in Chestertown, MD and is on the faculty of the Academy Art Museum in Easton, MD.
See more about Diane at rappisiart.com.
- Members: $40
- Non-Members: $50
- Artists who are legal residents of the United States are invited to participate in this national open juried exhibition of two-dimensional work.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current Work: All entries must have been made in the past 3 years (2020 or later).
- Artwork previously exhibited in a juried PPS show or at the Wayne Art Center is not eligible.
- Accepted artwork must not be exhibited concurrently with an online show.
- All works must be in dry soft pastel with at least 80% of the finished painting in dry pastel. No oil pastels or varnished dry pastels accepted.
- Originality: Your painting must not have been done under teacher supervision, either in a class or workshop or from a DVD or online instruction.
- All work must be framed, wired and ready to hang - no saw tooth hangers or clip frames allowed. If the work is matted, the mat should be white or off white. For double mats, the liner should be no more than 1/4".
- Maximum Size: The framed painting cannot exceed 48" on the longest side.
- Minimum Size: The unframed painting must be at least 100 square inches (h x w). If matted, the area of the painting visible within the mat must be 100 square inches.
- Withholding: Once accepted, works cannot be withheld from the exhibition under penalty of a two year exclusion from future juried PPS exhibitions.
- Sales: All work must be for sale.*** Once accepted, the price of your painting cannot be changed. Wayne Art Center will receive 40% of the sale price with the remaining 60% going to the artist. All paintings must hang for the duration of the exhibition.
Confirming Entries & Notification
Conditions for Accepted Work
PPS reserves the right to review all entries, hand delivered and shipped, for conformance to the specifications outlined herein and reserves the right to reject any work which does not conform to entry requirements and/or does not match the accepted digital entry.
Hand Delivery of Accepted Work
Shipping and Handling Instructions
Wayne Art Center
- All shipped artworks must be received between August 25, 2023 and August 31, 2023. Wayne Art Center will not be responsible for any artwork received before or after these dates. Note that the Wayne Art Center will be closed 9/2 to 9/4/2023.
- Handling fees are non-refundable.
- Handling Fees for entries are:
- When shipped in an Air Float Box (or equivalent) - $25.
- When shipped using other boxes/packaging - $50.
- Payment must be completed and paperwork for return shipping must be included with your shipped artwork when it is received, or your shipment will be considered a ‘failure to deliver’ and will be rejected.
- Please place your handling fee and prepaid return shipping label in an envelope and secure it to the back of your painting so it can easily be found.
Commission: A 40% commission on all sales will be held by the Wayne Art Center and the remaining 60% will be paid to the artist. All paintings must hang for the duration of the exhibition.
Signature Status: Acceptance into this exhibition will count towards Signature Status for artists who are members of the Philadelphia Pastel Society. Non-members who have been accepted can apply this towards Signature Status if a membership application is made prior to entering the show.
Blanche Levitt Torphy
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on August 8, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (July 7, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.