This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the PPSCC For Pastels Only gallery? View the online art gallery
Juror of Selection
Judge of Awards
Show closing Demo Artist
Other guidelines include that each submitted painting:
- is at least 80% soft pastels; no oil pastels
- is for sale at a fair price, set by the artist.
- was created within the last three years
- has not previously been shown in any PPSCC FPO exhibition
- has not won one of the top 4 awards in any other national or international juried pastel society show as of the entry deadline
- has not been entered into an online show running concurrently with FPO
- has not previously been shown at the Cultural Center
- is not larger than 48” in any direction, framed size
- is framed with a clean mat, if used
- frame does not use saw-tooth hangers
A 40% commission will be paid to the venue/PPSCC for sold paintings.
- Up to 5 paintings per artist.
- PPSCC Members: $35 for the first 3 paintings, $10 for each additional painting.
- Non-members: $45 for the first 3 paintings, $10 for each additional painting.
Member enters 3 = $35; 4 = $45; 5 = $55;
Non-Member 3 = $45; 4 = $55; 5 = $65.
Payment is made online at time of submission. A maximum of one painting per artist may be accepted into the exhibit.
Notification of acceptance
Delivery of accepted work
The Cultural Center of Cape Cod
There are handling fees, payable to PPSCC, in addition to standard shipping fees paid to carrier: $35 if you are using an Airfloat Strongbox or Deluxe Art Shipper box, or $50 for any other shipping container. We are often able to provide a discount code for Airfloat boxes. Details to be included and confirmed in acceptance letters.
Return of artwork
Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod officers for FPO 2023
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on May 18, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before that time.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- Images should be at least 1500 pixels on the longest edge and no larger than 30mb. Images that are smaller than 1500 pixels on the longest edge cannot be made larger to meet the requirements.
- You do not need to resize your image files if they meet the above specifications.
- You do not need to rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (May 1, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.