For Pastels Only
Deadline for entry: May 1, 2023
Juror of Selection
Judge of Awards
Show closing Demo Artist
Other guidelines include that each submitted painting:
- is at least 80% soft pastels; no oil pastels
- is for sale at a fair price, set by the artist.
- was created within the last three years
- has not previously been shown in any PPSCC FPO exhibition
- has not won one of the top 4 awards in any other national or international juried pastel society show as of the entry deadline
- has not been entered into an online show running concurrently with FPO
- has not previously been shown at the Cultural Center
- is not larger than 48” in any direction, framed size
- is framed with a clean mat, if used
- frame does not use saw-tooth hangers
A 40% commission will be paid to the venue/PPSCC for sold paintings.
- Up to 5 paintings per artist.
- PPSCC Members: $35 for the first 3 paintings, $10 for each additional painting.
- Non-members: $45 for the first 3 paintings, $10 for each additional painting.
Member enters 3 = $35; 4 = $45; 5 = $55;
Non-Member 3 = $45; 4 = $55; 5 = $65.
Payment is made online at time of submission. A maximum of one painting per artist may be accepted into the exhibit.
Notification of acceptance
Delivery of accepted work
The Cultural Center of Cape Cod
There are handling fees, payable to PPSCC, in addition to standard shipping fees paid to carrier: $35 if you are using an Airfloat Strongbox or Deluxe Art Shipper box, or $50 for any other shipping container. We are often able to provide a discount code for Airfloat boxes. Details to be included and confirmed in acceptance letters.
Return of artwork
Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod officers for FPO 2023
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on May 18, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
Entry status will also be available in your ShowSubmit Artist account Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 900 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (May 1, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
For questions about the entry process or this website please contact ShowSubmit Support at [email protected]. We will get back to you between 9am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. You can also view the Support Center, Entry Guide, or our FAQ.
Opens April 1, 2023.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.