99 Voices in Pastel37th Annual International Open Exhibition
or to submit.
- Modern and Experimental · Marcia Holmes, Juror of Selection
- Contemporary Impressionism (includes plein air) · Tony Allain, Juror of Selection
- Contemporary Realism · Cuong Nguyen, Juror of Selection
Each category will have a $1000 First Place winner. There will an estimated $12,000 in awards along with 5 Juror cash and materials awards in each category.
Daniel E. Greene Memorial Award for Best in Show - $2500
Judge of Awards
Executive Director of the Hilbert Museum of California Art at Chapman University Orange, California, United States
Executive director of the Hilbert Museum since 2017 and a professor at Chapman University, Platt has demonstrated a history of successful leadership in working with museums, higher education, and major performing arts institutions across the United States. Nationally accredited public relations professional (APR), with deep experience in Arts Communications and Marketing, Higher Education, Nonprofit Organizations, Arts Education, Museum Education, and Curatorial. Prior to accepting the executive directorship at the Hilbert Museum, she served as Communications and Media Relations Director for Chapman University for over 12 years.
B.A., M.A., Michigan State University.
Juror of Modern/Experimental
Juror of Contemporary Impressionism
Juror of Contemporary Realism
All Accepted work will receive email confirmation which will include Shipping Instructions.
- NO OIL PASTELS. DRY PASTELS ONLY.
- Open to all artists over the age of 18.
- At least 80% of the piece must be DRY PASTEL. Composition of work may not be taken from published photos or other artists' work.
- Paintings based on photo must be from photo(s) taken by the artist themselves.
- No use of optical projection, and no student work produced under supervision or instructor is eligible.
- Work must have been completed within the last four (4) years.
- No work accepted into any previous PSWC Pastels USA-99 Voices In Pastel will be accepted.
- Paintings that have been accepted in the 2023 PSWC’s MOOS are eligible for entry into Pastels USA 37th Annual Pastels USA - 99 Voices In Pastel International Exhibition.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE; over-payment of any fee will be considered a donation to our Annual Scholarship Fund.
- 3 entries for $60, each additional entry is $15 up to 5 paintings for $90.
- Entry fees are not refundable.
- Overpayments will go to the PSWC Annual Scholarship Fund.
- A maximum of ONE (1) painting per artist will be accepted into the exhibit.
- Credit cards accepted.
Shipped artworks deadline for receipt by Shipping Agent
Friday, August 18 - 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Art arrives at Museum directly from Artists and shipping agent
Tuesday, August 22 - 24 - 10:00 AM
The Exhibition will be judged, and award winners determined
Thursday, August 31
Opening date of Exhibition
Saturday, September 9 - 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Opening Reception and Awarding of Prizes
Sunday, October 29
Closing date of Exhibit
Tuesday, October 31
Pick up of artwork by Shipping Agent
Wednesday, November 1 - 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Pick up of artwork by individual artists
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on July 5, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (June 19, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
For questions about the entry process or this website please contact ShowSubmit Support at [email protected]. We will get back to you between 9am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. You can also view the Support Center, Entry Guide, or our FAQ.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.