This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
- All mediums.
- Artists may submit two work for consideration.
- Artists are responsible for providing images with an accurate representation of their unframed and framed work.
- Professionally framed with wire for hanging.
- Outside dimensions of frame may not exceed 40 inches.
- Only work not previously shown at Salmagundi may be submitted.
- If work is not for sale, please write “NFS” on the hangtag that will be included in acceptance email.
- Works not received by the stated dates will not be hung.
- Acceptance /Rejection emails will arrive via ShowSubmit.
- Artists can edit their own entries during the entirety of the submission period through ShowSubmit. After the submission deadline, changes to submission entry will not be accepted.
- A contribution of 30% on sales will be welcomed by the Club, as has been customary.
For additional criteria, please download the prospectus.
Vice Chairman: Kate Faust
Anthony Almeida, Janet Cook, Lou Lalli, Patrick Okrasinski, Joan Marie Palmer, Roger Rossi, Georgette Sinclair, Shawn Sullivan
OIL & ACRYLICS
PASTEL & OIL PASTEL
WATERCOLOR & ACRYLIC (UNDER GLASS)
DRAWING, GRAPHICS OR COLORED PENCIL
SCULPTURE & MIXED MEDIA
1. Hannibal DeBellis & Richman SCULPTURE Award, $500
2. Philip Isenberg Memorial Award, $300
3. Harry R. Ballinger Memorial Award, $100
Patricia Watwood, Chairman, Jury of Award
Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003 (212) 255-7740
email: [email protected]
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on April 17, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1900 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- After your entry is submitted, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (April 3, 2023.)
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.