Deadline for entry: March 1, 2023
Open: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Visit: southeasternpastel.com to learn more. Space Limited
- Open to all SPS current members. Membership can be renewed prior to entering at: southeasternpastel.com/join
- Paintings may not have been accepted into any previous SPS exhibition nor have received an award in an international or national show. Paintings should have been created in the past 2 years.
- Works must be in dry pastel. No oil pastels. Mixed media must be predominantly dry pastel with the final surface being at least 80% traditional dry pastel.
- Works must be original, painted from life or from your own reference photo or imagination, not copied from other artists or published materials. Any reference provided by an instructor is not eligible, including an instructor-provided photo, still-life set up or model setup.
- Work that was done in a classroom, workshop, or in an online group scenario is not eligible.
- All artwork must be originally drawn and not created on top of any type of photographic image.
- Final sprays or acrylic or other sealants are not acceptable. Pastel fixative is appropriate.
- All subjects and styles are eligible, from traditional to contemporary. Subject matter must be appropriate for viewing by all ages. Nudes and figure studies are acceptable. Images of violence, specific political agenda and pornography will not be accepted per request of the gallery.
- Artwork sent to the show must be exactly the same piece as the photo submitted.
- Work does not have to be for sale. Prices can not be changed beyond the ShowSubmit submission deadline. Mark NFS for paintings not for sale.
- For paintings available for sale, the artist will receive 60% of retail price and Quinlan will retain 40%. Exhibition chair will work with the gallery and artist to facilitate the sale of any painting. Once your painting/paintings have been accepted in the exhibition, consider them committed to the exhibition and all sales should go through Quinlan Visual Arts from that time forward and throughout the exhibition. Artists will be notified when painting(s) sell. Purchaser shall pay all packing and shipping charges, insurance costs and other handling expenses for the shipping and delivery of artwork purchased by them.
Failure to meet any of the requirements for eligibility will result in the artwork being disqualified. SPS reserves the right to exclude from the exhibition any artwork deemed offensive, or any artwork that violates the laws of the USA.
- $35 for up to 3 images.
- $10 for each additional image up to 5 images
The Quinlan Visual Arts Center
Artists are REQUIRED to use made-for-art shipping boxes such as Air Float or Uline.
Artists MUST include a pre-paid return label in an envelope taped onto the inside lid of the shipping box with the shipped artwork. Please note to the shipper/ Fed Ex or UPS that artwork is to be picked up by the carrier at the Quinlan Visual Arts Center. Artwork may Not be picked up before the exhibition closing date.
Juror of Selection and Awards
Christine has been designated as an Eminent Pastellist by the International Association of Pastel Societies. (IAPS) There are only 25 artists with this distinction in this medium in the world. In 2015 Southwest Artist Magazine selected Christine Swann as an “Artist To Watch” and her artwork has evolved since then. Although she originally started out by painting her children by bribing them with candy, she now works with live models.
Christine is a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America, and a member of the
IAPS Masters’ Circle, a designation she received in only 6 years. She received her Eminent Award in 2022. She is also a long-time member of the Pittsburgh Society of Illustrators and Portrait Society of America. She currently teaches her “Power of Pastel” Workshop to groups around the country.
Exhibition Chairs and Support
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on March 17, 2023 and listed in your Account 'Entry History'. We cannot respond to inquires regarding the status of notifications before then.
We do our best to make sure you recieve your notification email, however, if you do not recieve an email and the notification date has passed, please check your email spam or login and view your ShowSubmit Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1920 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (March 1, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.