This call for entry has closed and the information below is for reference only.
Looking for open calls for entry? View open calls
Looking for the VPS 2023 Juried Show gallery? View the online art gallery
49 S. Main Street
White River Junction, VT
- First Place Award: $300
- Second Place Award: $200
- Third Place Award: $100
- Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod Award: $75
- Mallory Lake Memorial Award: (Set of Pastels)
Jurors of Selection
Judge of Awards
- at least 90% pastel (soft)
- original, not painted in a workshop or class
- completed within the last three years
- not exhibited in any previous VPS competition
- framed, labeled, and ready to hang from wire.
- 30” maximum framed dimension, either direction
River Gallery for exhibitions.
- $15 per entry
- Up to 2 paintings per entry
The gallery collects a 45% commission from all sold works. Members are allowed to submit NFS work, but you are highly encouraged to have your work for sale.
Announcements and Public Relations
VPS: UpperValley, Ann Wickham [email protected]
VPS: UpperValley, Connie Filbin [email protected]
This VPS juried show will garner lots of viewer attention at a really great venue. Thank you for offering your pastels for exhibition!
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on July 28, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (July 17, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.