- AIS Associate and AIS Signature members may enter up to five artworks.
- $20 entry fee for your first painting and $10 per painting up to a total of five paintings
- Artists receive 100% of commission!
- Artwork does not have to be for sale.
- All accepted works will be posted in a special AIS online digital catalog and AIS Facebook pages.
- No size limitations.
- No shipping.
- Acceptance in the AIS Online Exhibition does not count toward AIS Signature Membership.
- Awards Judge: Peggi Kroll Roberts AISM
- Best Impressionist Work/Best of Show: $2,000
- First Place for Masters: $750
- First Place for Signature Members: $750
- First Place for Associate Members: $750
- Ten Honorable Mentions: $75 for each
- Must be a current (or new) paid member of AIS and must be a legal US resident to be eligible to enter the exhibition.
- 2023 membership dues of $60 must be paid prior to entering. If dues are not paid prior to the entry deadline, entry will be disqualified.
- Oil, Pastel, Acrylic, Watercolor, Casein, Egg Tempera, Oil Sticks, and Gouache.
- No mixed media, photography, digital, AI or any other media.
- No digitally manipulated work, painted giclee prints or any other type of reproductions, no manipulated or painted over photos.
- Any artist whose work is determined to be in violation of this rule will be disqualified, will forfeit any awards received and will be banned from any and all AIS exhibitions for the following three years.
- Work must be original in concept and execution, impressionistic in style, and must have been completed within the last three years.
- Work done in ANY class and/or under the guidance of an instructor is not eligible for entry.
- Work painted from reference photos must be created from the artist’s own photographs, not from any other photo source, copyrighted or not.
- Entries must not violate any copyrights.
- Diptychs, triptychs or multi surfaces not permitted.
- Entries may NOT have been exhibited in any previous AIS exhibition including gallery shows. Work that was entered but not accepted into previous AIS shows may be entered again as long as they meet the above requirements.
- NO Size limitation.
- Up to five paintings may be submitted.
- Maximum of one painting per artist may be accepted into the show.
- NO FRAMING REQUIRED! We encourage you to frame your work if you sell your work.
- AIS will direct buyers directly to artists. Artists' websites and contact information will be included in the online exhibit.
- Artists retain 100% of sales price.
- AIS will not process sales transactions or make shipping arrangements to buyers.
- Work may be entered that is not for sale.
- If your work is for sale it must be priced according to your standard pricing. Paintings that do not reflect the artist's current pricing structure may be disqualified.
- No price changes, changes to NFS or for sale will be accepted once you have submitted your entry-please double check your entries for accuracy of information.
- An artist who withdraws an entry after acceptance into the exhibition shall not be eligible to enter any AIS exhibition for the two succeeding years.
- $20 for one painting and $10 per additional entry up to five works.
- If you enter a total of five your entry fee is $60.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable whether your paintings are juried into the exhibition or not.
The jurors view every painting that is entered and the five member panel is different for each exhibition.
Judge of Awards
Award-winning artist, Peggi was trained at Arizona State University and the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA. Peggi worked as a fashion and advertising illustrator before transitioning to fine art. Her artworks are featured in the Laguna Beach Art Museum and the Pasadena Historical Museum.
Using intense color and value to accentuate her subject, Peggi paints with a bold palette, a love for small paintings and a very loose style that achieves a lot with a few very energetic brush strokes. She prefers to suggest reality than render it. Peggi paints animated figures and playful everyday scenes. Peggi's work gives us a new appreciation of daily life.
Peggi Kroll Roberts has won multiple fine art and plein air awards including the Blackwell prize in painting.
Monday, September 4, 2023 – Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Entries accepted at www.showsubmit.com
Wednesday, October 4
Deadline: Midnight Pacific time (PST). We highly recommend entering well before the final deadline to avoid possible last minute issues that can and do arise, especially if you are not familiar with using the digital entry system.
Wednesday, November 15
Jury results will be emailed to entrants and posted on AIS website
Thursday, November 30
Facebook Live Awards with AIS President Debra Joy Groesser AIS and Awards Judge Peggi Kroll Roberts AISM
Liability & Agreement
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on November 15, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (October 4, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
For questions about the entry process or this website please contact ShowSubmit Support at [email protected]. We will get back to you between 9am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. You can also view the Support Center, Entry Guide, or our FAQ.
For assistance Saturday/Sunday or after 6pm EST, contact [email protected] or 231-881-7685.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.