Juror/Judge of Selection
- Up to four entries can be submitted by each active PPS member.
- Guaranteed acceptance of at least one painting, with a maximum of two accepted.
- $25 for two entries
- $10 for each additional entry up to four
- First Place $400
- Second Place $300
- Third Place $200
- Piedmont Award $200
(awarded to a member living within 200 miles of the Piedmont Triad area.)
- PS of Cape Cod Award $150
- PSNC Award $150
- 4 Honorable Mentions $50/each
- Jack Richeson Pastel Set Awards
($175 value) for
Best Still Life
- Open to all active members of PPS.
- Active membership constitutes those with fully paid dues prior to October 1, 2023.
- Members must provide a US mailing address.
- Soft and/or hard pastel on any surface.
- Underpainting is permissible, but the top layer of artwork must be a minimum of 80% pastel.
- Oil Pastels will not be accepted.
- The PPS Exhibition committee reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for exhibition online.
- There are no size restrictions.
- All work presented must be original.
- No images from published or internet photographs – another photographer’s reference material may be used if granted permission in writing.
- Compositions should not be based on another artist’s work.
- Paintings executed in a workshop or class under another artist’s supervision are not eligible.
- Entries that have been shown in previous shows in NC are not allowed.
- Paintings must have been completed in the last 3 years.
- Entries that have won previous awards, including Honorable Mention, in any IAPS Member society show are not allowed.
Upon request, potential buyers will be informed of artists’ contact information to inquire about purchasing a painting. Artists are encouraged to promote and sell artwork via website or social media. A voluntary donation to PPS of 20% commission from a sale resulting from the show is encouraged.
Juror/Judge of Selection
Travel and art share a life-enriching and creative partnership in this artist’s life. She has a passion for exploring new places throughout the world and creating original art with a focus on pastel painting, but also uses watercolor, photography, and other media. Color, light, and texture convey a balance between impressionism and realism.
Augmenting a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, she has studied Master level courses and pursued opportunities to expand personal knowledge and creative resources. She has been teaching various media and techniques for thirty-five years, including many Pastel Societies, the Asheville Art Museum and other studios. She’s a founding member of the International Pastel Teacher’s group: PATIO.
Terrilynn is a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America (PSA), an active member and volunteer of the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS), Signature and Vice President of the Pastel Society of Maine (PSME) and the Appalachian Pastel Society (APS), and various other international organizations. She exhibits and sells artwork in diverse venues, has received multiple top awards at juried International Shows. To date the artist has traveled or lived in fourteen countries, speaks 3 languages, and lives in Asheville, NC. She presents demos, mentorships, and fine art instruction through her PATREON, YouTube Channel and other venues.
Additional Notification Information
Notifications will be emailed by the end of the day on October 20, 2023. We cannot respond to inquiries regarding the status of notifications before then.
Please add [email protected] to your email safe senders list.
After notifications are sent, you may view the status of your entry in your ShowSubmit artist account’s Entry History. Accepted works will be notated by a green check.
If you do not receive your email, you may also view your notification letter using the View Notification link in your Entry History.Note: Entries made prior to 2023 may not display the View Notification link.
Image and Filename Specifications
- You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
- Submit your original JPEG image files.
- Crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual work; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the work itself.
- Image files are automatically resized to 300 dpi and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image files are automatically renamed using your last name, first initial and the title of the work. e.g.
Image and Filename Specifications
ShowSubmit will handle the file resizing and naming based on the show specifications. You do not need to resize or rename your image files.
If you have already resized your images, or if you prefer to resize your images yourself, ShowSubmit will not resize the image if it meets the exact show specifications.
If your images are smaller than the required size, ShowSubmit cannot 'upsize' your images. They will be saved as is.
All images must be high quality jpeg (jpg) image files. Set your camera to the highest possible quality image, use good lighting on your painting without any glass in front of it, and use a tripod for your camera. Once the photo is taken, you must crop out all parts of the photo that are not the actual painting; do not show mat, frame, etc, only the painting itself.
The maximum upload file size limit is 20mb. Large image files may take longer to process and upload.
Additional Entry Information
- You will pay for your entry by credit or debit card using our secure checkout system.
- After your entry is submitted and paid for, you may log back in to review your entry, edit artist and image information, and add or substitute images up until the entry deadline (October 12, 2023.)
- Entry fees are not refundable and must be submitted and paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries cannot be accepted or changed after the deadline. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Don't have an account?
Looking for the Control Panel or Juror login? Log in above and use the Switch Role dropdown to switch between account roles.